MISSION
Adding value to create holistic independent learners.

VISION
An entity of timeless passion to add values for self, family & society.

SHARED VALUES
Creativity
Relevance
Innovative
Passion
Sincerity

Saturday, April 12, 2014

A Cruise Holiday That Turned Into A Nightmare

         My parents, sister and friends went on a cruise with me on the 1st of February 2012 from Kuala Lumpur to Penang. My mother was the one who suggested the idea. We wanted to go on a holiday on a cruise because we have never experienced a cruise holiday. The ship was very huge. I felt so excited. It was my first time going on a cruise. A flock of tourists was on board the ship.


        When we boarded, the people working on the ship welcome us warmly. The interior of the ship was really beautiful and unique. The whole ship could fit four thousand and thirty two passengers. When we checked into our rooms, I was so happy. The interior of the our rooms were designed uniquely. As we laid down on the comfortable beds, we snug as a bug in a rug. There was a huge swimming pool, gymnasium, small basketball court, tennis tables, a ice skating ring, a tiny golf club and so much more on the cruise ship. There was a small theatre on the cruise liner too. All kinds of movies were screened there.

         There were various kinds of food served on the ship ranging from Asian to Western food; offering the best to the taste buds. The aroma made me hungry.

         There were many activities and sports that we could participate in to fill our time during the cruise. My sister and I spent some time at the arcade. We had fun.

  
         After a one night stay o the cruise, we landed in Sentosa Island off Singapore on a bright Monday morning. We were given only about six hours to tour around Singapore. I went shopping with mu family and friends. There were all sorts of shops. We bought many souvenirs for our relatives back in Malaysia. It was a field day for me. After a few hours of shopping, we returned to the ship. Everyone took a bath to freshen up before dinner was served in a ballroom.

         However, The fun did not last. It ended when a terrible storm came as a terrifying surprise to all of us. The sea became unfriendly with the choppy waves. I saw lightning struck through the sky. It gave out a loud roar. The sky was dark and sinister.

         The monstrous three - storey high waves pushed the ship back and forth. The lightning struck part of the ship and it slowly began to sink. Everyone panicked. I could hear everyone screaming their hearts out. Little children were crying and clinging onto their dear parents. The crew on the ship told us to follow the safety instructions. Crowds of people tried to quickly board the life saving boats. It took time for everyone to climb onto the life saving boats. When I got into my boat, The waves splashed onto my face and I could taste the salty water.

          Soon, the storm began to subside. We were sad that our holiday turned out to be a tragic holiday. All the souvenirs that we bought for our relatives back in Malaysia were all gone. I began to cry when I saw the ship continues to sink. I was happy that I did not lose any of my family members and friends. I would never forget this holiday.


Joyce Tan Hsin Yi
Sri KDU International School

No comments:

Post a Comment