MISSION
Adding value to create holistic independent learners.

VISION
An entity of timeless passion to add values for self, family & society.

SHARED VALUES
Creativity
Relevance
Innovative
Passion
Sincerity

Saturday, June 14, 2014

Curiosity kills the cat

Curiosity Kills the Cat

          I went to the beach with my family during the last summer holidays. The water was as blue as the sky. The beach looked like a heaven filled with golden sands. I saw a group of people picnicking along the shore as the morning breeze blew by. A school of dolphins swam through the coast of Brazil.

          As I was strolling along the shore, the sparkles coming from a bottle half hidden in the sands under the scorching sun caught my eyes. I walked briskly to it. Curiosity urged me to pick it up as it was scratch by pebbles. It had been pushed ashore by the crashing waves. A damp paper was found inserted by someone pulled me to examine it closely. Excited to share my strange discovery made me run to my parents with the bottle in hand. I stretch out holding the bottle firmly to show it to my parents. "Look at  what I've found!"
Seeing unbelieving. Their jaws dropped and was speechless at the sight.

          We carefully took out the map using a pair of tweezers. Expecting that it was a treasure map, disappointingly it was not. It was a route indicating where did the kidnappers had hidden the victim. The message was trying to convey that the victim was kidnapped  in a room in the resort where we were putting up.

          My parents decided not to move on to help the victim because it might be a prank or risk my life as i may fall into their plot. So my parents rejected the idea of solving the mystery. However my curiosity urged me to solve the mystery all by myself.

          A few hours later after giving much thoughts into my plan, I decided to call the nearest police department to report and also their backup. I secretly went to recce the site where the victim was kidnapped. When i reached at room B-152, I heard screams and cries of people in the room! I knew that I was on the right spot. I decided to come back later to evacuate my rescue plan when my parents are soundly asleep.

          At half past one in the morning while everyone was fast asleep, I crept though the resort and took up the lift to room B-152. I brought along along some tools that may come in handy in my rescue mission. Hopefully,the lighter, penknives will come in useful for the rescue.

          As i opened the door of the room, no one was inside except the victim. I untied the victim and we escaped as fast possible. Fortunately, we escaped and at the same time as the police caught the kidnappers. The victim thanked me for risking my life to save his life.

         It was an unforgettable moment of courage for me. It will remain as a secret. Mission accomplished!!!

Written by: 
Bryan Pang
HELP International School





No comments:

Post a Comment